Genevieve is a certified Level 1 IPTPA TPickleball Instructor in Jupiter Florida. She currently provides Pickleball instruction to beginners and intermediate players.
Gen brings extensive tennis experience to Pickleball. As a 16-yr old, she was ranked #1 in the 18 and under Girls, Florida Division, played on the Jr Wightman Cup Team 1980, led the University of Texas tennis team, and was and All American Academic and Athletic 1983-1985. As a professional player, Gen was ranked in the Professional WTA World rankings Top 150.
Interested in trying out the latest paddles from Engage Pickleball in South Florida? Including the brand new Engage 6.0 for control and power!
Please contact Denise to demo the line, more information and purchase.
New Martin County Policies for Open Play
Martin County has been hard at work for well over a year developing policies for Open Play at the public courts. Some of us are involved in helping to make this happen. However, these policies have not yet been finalized.
In the meantime, now that we are “in season” and also have many new players at our wonderful courts at Doc Myers Park (DM) here’s a reminder about Open Play times at DM
* Open Play at DM is on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 8-11am.
*During Open Play, players rotate off the court at the end of each game to allow others to rotate on.
* If anyone is waiting, games are played to 9 points (win by 2).
* This means that even if there’s only ONE person waiting, everyone is responsible for rotating off, and mixing up pairings and matches.
*Your goal is to play with everyone, whether they are new or more experienced than you. That is the point of Open Play.
* We should strive to have everyone play and sit out an equal amount of games. Each of us is responsible for making this happen. You know when it’s your turn to sit out. Hold yourself accountable.
* There are no “challenge courts” during open play.
* There are no reserved courts during Open Play (Note- this is a current Martin County Parks & Rec policy). This means every person and each court is expected to rotate off and abide by the rules above.
We are proud to have the reputation of being the friendly and welcoming place to play for players of all skill levels during our Open Play. We wish to have that continue as more players choose to play here.
If you are not willing to abide by these Open Play policies, or have an issue with any of them, we encourage you to enjoy the courts at other times.
Elemental Labs LMNT Electrolytes
MORE OF THE GOOD STUFF
There is a robust body of scientific literature that shows we have underestimated our electrolyte needs for decades, especially if you live an active, low-carb, or ketogenic lifestyle. Yet, popular electrolyte drinks on the market today still have low amounts of electrolytes and include a ton of sugar.
LMNT Recharge gives you more electrolytes in the perfect ratio. Say goodbye to muscle cramps. Purchase